Once more I'm struggling for news. Has everyone gone on holiday? Never mind, here's what I've got...
The latest news from The Parish Chest.
Platinum members at GenesReunited have an additional database to browse: the Bank of England Wills Extracts 1717-1845.
FindMyPast looks at the family tree of Clare Balding.
Audrey Collins has penned an informative piece on Armed Forces Birth, Marriage & Death Records.
A fabulous early map of London (thanks to @CharlotteFrost1 on Twitter).
Interesting info is provided by Chris Paton on the subject of the 1926 Census for Northern Ireland (and related issues). Here's Claire Santry's take on the news.
Thanks to @DebbieKennett on Twitter for flagging this article on 'What happened when I had my genome sequenced.'
Here's the weekly collection of entertaining history links from the Two Nerdy History Girls.
- Saturday 15th June - Wiltshire FHS Southern Family History Day, Wilton;
- Friday 14th & Saturday 15th June - London Book Fair;
- Sunday 16th June - Duxford Military Book Fair;
- Sunday 16th June - Totnes Book Fair;
- Irish events (and see here for an Irish event in N.E. England) - thanks Claire!;
- Upcoming Postcard Fairs (please check with organisers before travelling a long way);
- The BBC's 'Things To Do' page.
And don't forget the BI-Gen Twitter feed.