Thursday 10 February 2011

BMD Quotes 1

If men had to have babies they would only ever have one each.          
(Princess Diana)


In youth it is too early, in old age it is too late to marry.
(Diogenes, Greek philosopher)


The majority of husbands remind me of an orang-utan trying to play the violin.
(Honore de Balzac, French novelist)


When a man opens the car door for his wife, it's either a new car or a new wife.          
(Prince Philip)


Of course, I do have a slight advantage over the rest of you. It helps in a pinch to be able to remind your bride that you gave up a throne for her.
(Duke of Windsor)


If a man stays away from his wife for seven years, the law presumes the separation to have killed him; yet according to our daily experience, it might well prolong his life.
(Lord Darling, GB judge)


I don't want to achieve immortality through my work... I want to achieve it through not dying. 
(Woody Allen, US actor & director)


Death but entombs the body; life the soul.
(Edward Young, GB poet)


I do really think that death will be marvellous... If there wasn't death, I think you couldn't go on.
(Stevie Smith, GB poet)


Death destroys a man; the idea of Death saves him.
(E.M.Forster, GB novelist, Howards End)


'If you don't go to other men's funerals,' he told Father stiffly, 'they won't go to yours.'
(Clarence Day, US writer, Life With Father)


Die, my dear Doctor, that's the last thing I shall do!
(Last words of Lord Palmerston)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment